Note The Hybrid Configuration wizard that's included in the Exchange Management Console in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 is no longer supported. Therefore, you should no longer use the old Hybrid Configuration wizard. Instead, use the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration wizard that's available at http://aka.ms/HybridWizard. For more information, see Office 365 Hybrid Configuration wizard for Exchange 2010.
Consider the following scenario.
- You are using Office 365.
- You perform a move request for a remote mailbox from an on-premises Exchange 2010 server to Exchange Online.
- After you perform the move request, the Exchange Management Console shows the status of the request as Completed.
This issue occurs if the on-premises mailbox that you want to move was created in Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013, and you have an on-premises environment that's also running Exchange 2010. In this scenario, you can't move the mailbox from an Exchange 2010 server.
Perform the remote mailbox request from the Exchange admin center in Exchange Online.
To check whether the move process is working correctly, follow these steps:
- Open the Exchange admin center on the on-premises Exchange server.
- Click Office 365, click recipients in the left navigation pane, and then click migration.
- View the move status of the mailboxes. You should see the following values:
- The status shows as Syncing during the mailbox move process.
- The status shows as Completed after the mailbox is successfully moved.
Get-MigrationBatch –Identity <Batch Name>
Article ID: 2886058 - Last Review: Dec 29, 2016 - Revision: 1