Consider the following scenario:
- A Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 client is configured so that it can only sign in to a Lync Server environment from external access.
- The client is in an internal network of an organization, and the client can parse either internal or external DNS names.
- You configure the Lync for Mac 2011 client to sign in automatically.
- Lync Server 2010 or Lync Server 2013 is configured to block the client when the client tries to directly sign in to Front-end server pools.
- You try to sign in to the client.
The server is not reachable.
This issue occurs because the Lync for Mac 2011 client does not try to use external access to connect to the Front-end pool when the client cannot use internal access.
Article ID: 2888982 - Last Review: Oct 8, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011