This article describes the update rollup for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 that is dated November 2013. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines.
Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2838043 Can't access a resource that is hosted on a Windows Server 2012-based failover cluster
- 2851144 Computer loses track of LUNs after a path failover occurs between storage controllers in Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- 2894418 Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012-based client computers switch back and forth between the old and new service versions during a Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or Windows Store service migration
- 2894513 USB 3.0 hub is indefinitely powered on and then off after a device causes an overcurrent condition in Windows 8
- 2894527 Warning messages when you try to open gpedit.msc or secpol.msc in the Japanese version of Windows Embedded 8 Standard
- 2870467 Memory leak in Oleaut32.dll on a Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012-based COM server
- 2892932 Plug and Play Manager stops working when you resume a computer from sleep mode in Windows
- 2891709 Windows Store video or camera apps freeze after you reopen the lid of a Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, or Windows RT 8.1-based laptop
- 2896650 Issues when a physical disk encounters an error in a Windows Server 2012-based environment
- 2897097 Data loss occurs when a Windows Server 2012-based computer that has the data deduplication feature enabled crashes
How to obtain the update
Windows UpdateTo obtain this update from Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Tap or click Settings.
- In the search box, type Windows Update.
- Tap or click Install optional updates.
Microsoft Download Center You can also obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, go to the Microsoft Download Center, and then search for KB2889784.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
For more information about Windows Update, go to the following Microsoft websites:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates