This update includes stability and performance improvements. Please note that this update does not apply to Microsoft Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
- Assume that you select a shape in PowerPoint 2013. When you run a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro to invoke the Shape.PasteSpecial method to paste another shape, the selection of the previous shape is lost, and the pasted shape is selected.
- When you insert a video object into a slide in PowerPoint 2013, you may see a black border on the right or bottom edge of the poster frame. This issue occurs when the width or height of the video object is not a multiple of 16 (MP4/H264) or four (ASF/WMV9).
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2889847 for 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2013
- Download update KB2889847 for 64-bit version of PowerPoint 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
How to determine if my Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start PowerPoint 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2889847 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2