This update includes stability and performance improvements. Please note that this update does not apply to Microsoft Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
- Assume that you have multiple workbooks open in Excel 2013. When you close a workbook after editing it, Excel 2013 may crash randomly.
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2889861 for 32-bit version of Excel 2013
- Download update KB2889861 for 64-bit version of Excel 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
How to determine if the Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start Excel 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2889861 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2