This update includes stability and performance improvements. Please be aware that this update does not apply to Microsoft Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
- When you run Office 2013 Click-to-Run edition and OneDrive for Business (.msi)-based edition at the same time, the Microsoft Office Upload Center may crash because the Csi.dll (Microsoft Office 2013 component - Office Document Cache) file is corrupted.
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2889862 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB2889862 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
How to determine whether my Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as OneNote 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all Versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2889862 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2