This update includes stability and performance improvements. Please note that this update does not apply to Microsoft Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
Issues that the update resolves
- Assume that you use OneDrive for Business to synchronize a library. When you try to synchronize another user's library by clicking the Sync to a new library button, you receive the following error message:We couldn't sync this library.
We couldn't set up this library for you because of a server or list configuration problem. If this keeps happening, please contact your administrator. Once this issue has been resolved you can try setup again.
- Assume that you move the location of the Favorites (Links) folder to a network share. When you synchronize a new library by using OneDrive for Business, the OneDrive for Business link is not added to the network share, and the link does not appear in the Favorites list in the Windows Explorer navigation pane.
How to download and install the update
Download CenterThis update is only available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update 2889931 for 32-bit version of OneDrive for Business
- Download update 2889931 for 64-bit version of OneDrive for Business
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou may be prompted to restart the computer after you install this update.
If you installed OneDrive for Business with Office 2013, here is how to determine whether OneDrive for Business is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
- For Click-to-Run edition, the GROOVE.exe application is located in the following path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office15
- For MSI-based edition, the GROOVE.exe application is located in the following path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15