Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
To work around this issue, create the GarbageCollectionMemoryFactorPercent registry entry in the following registry subkey:
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, click New, and then click DWORD(32-bit) Value.
- Type GarbageCollectionMemoryFactorPercent, and then press Enter.
- Right-click GarbageCollectionMemoryFactorPercent, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, type 200 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
Note This allocates 67 percent more memory for garbage-collection jobs and makes sure that a full garbage-collection job has sufficient memory.
- Exit Registry Editor. You do not have to restart the computer to make the new registry entry take effect.