When you start a slide show in Windows Photo Viewer, only part of the picture may be displayed. For example, the picture is zoomed in.
This problem occurs when DPI Virtualization is being used.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Windows desktop, and then click Screen resolution. If you use a touch device, press and hold the desktop, and then tap Screen resolution.
- Click or tap Make text and other items larger or smaller.
- Click or tap Custom sizing options.
- In the Windows 8 Custom sizing options dialog box, click to select or tap the Use Windows XP style scaling check box, and then click or tap OK.
- Click or tap Apply to apply the settings change.
- After you apply the changes, you receive a message that asks you to sign out of your account so that the changes may be applied. Before you sign out, make sure that you save any open files and close all programs. Then, click or tap Sign out now.
- After you sign out of your account, sign back in, and then open the slide show in Windows Photo Viewer to verify that the issue is resolved.