- You have Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 installed on a Windows 8-based computer.
- You upgrade the computer to Windows 8.1.
- You try to start the Windows simulator in Visual Studio.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
- Apply the update from KB2887595 .
- Install Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 .
- Repair Visual Studio 2012. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
- Right-click the version of Visual Studio 2012 that you have installed, and then click Change.
- Click Repair when the Visual Studio 2012 Setup wizard opens.
Article ID: 2892596 - Last Review: Nov 12, 2013 - Revision: 1