This article applies to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb and .accdb) and to a Microsoft Access project (.adp).
- For an overview of relational database design, see the following Knowledge Base article:283878 Description of the database normalization basics
- View the
Database Normalization Basics WebCast.
- Download the "Understanding Relational Database Design" document. This document shows you how to plan and design a database from the ground up. To download this document, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:283698 "Understanding Relational Database Design" document is available in Download Center
- Analyze your tables by using the Table Analyzer Wizard. For more information about the Table Analyzer Wizard, see the following Knowledge Base article:292799 How the Table Analyzer Wizard works
- You can download database templates that may be used for many purposes from the following Microsoft Web site:
- Read the following book: Hernandez, Michael. Database Design for Mere Mortals. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley Developers Press, 1997.
- For more information about free on-line training that is available for Office 2003 products, including Access 2003, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 289533 - Last Review: Oct 20, 2015 - Revision: 1