Consider the following scenario:
- You have Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 installed on Windows 8-based computer.
- You upgrade to Windows 8.1.
- You add a Fakes reference in Visual Studio.
Could Not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Utilities, Version = 184.108.40.206, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. System can not find the file specified.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
- Repair the Visual Studio installation:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
- Right-click the version of Visual Studio 2012 that you have installed, and then click Change.
- When the Visual Studio 2012 Setup wizard opens, click Repair.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2898973 - Last Review: Oct 21, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web, Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8, Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop, Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Phone, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Test Professional, Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012