Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Fixes and Improvements
- Outlook shows certificate errors for certain configurations when it tries to obtain Exchange settings by using AutoDiscover. The fix is to silently fail the connection to these servers instead of displaying the certificate error prompt.
- Outlook may be unable to download the Offline Address Book (OAB) from the Exchange Server. The OAB Download thread runs in a loop unable to authenticate. This can prevent email from synchronizing, especially when you have multiple accounts all trying to download an OAB at the same time.
How to download and install the update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2899504 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2013
- Download update KB2899504 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2013
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
- Start Outlook 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|