You cannot complete some downloads on the MSDN Subscriptions website successfully by using Windows Internet Explorer 11.
This issue can occur in Internet Explorer 11 if you have an Internet connection that cannot support browser-based downloads.
To work around this issue, try to download the file in Internet Explorer 9 mode. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, open the MSDN Subscriptions download page.
- In the Search box, search for the product that you want to download.
- Open the Developer Tools pane. To do this, press F12.
- Open the Emulation screen. To do this, press Ctrl+8.
- On the Document mode list under Mode, click 9.
- On the User agent string list under Mode, click Internet Explorer 9.
Note After you change the user agent string setting, the download page reloads in Internet Explorer 9 mode.
- Try again to download the product. The File Transfer Manager application or another download manager should open.
- After the download begins, close the Developer Tools pane. To do this, press F12 or click the Close button in the upper-right corner of the pane.
Microsoft is aware of this issue and is working to resolve it.
Article ID: 2900662 - Last Review: Jan 13, 2014 - Revision: 1