- In order to successfully deploy Adobe Reader XI by using App-V 5.0, the ProtectedMode setting must be disabled. To disable this setting, follow these steps:
- Open Registry Editor, and browse to the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\11.0
- Right-click 11.0, select New, and then click Key.
- Name the key Privileged.
- Right-click Privileged, and then create a new REG_DWORD value named bProtectedMode.
- Set the value of bProtectedMode to 0 (zero).
- Close Registry Editor.
- Checking for updates by using the Check for updatesoption under the Helpmenu does not work, because binaries cannot be updated in a virtual environment.
Article ID: 2900929 - Last Review: Mar 27, 2014 - Revision: 1