- Click Start, click Turn Off Computer, and then click
- After the computer completes the Power On Self Test (POST), press F8, and then click Safe mode.
NOTE: If you have difficulty getting to the Safe mode menu command, press F8 repeatedly after you turn on the computer.
- Log on as an Administrator, or with another account that has Administrator permissions.
- Click Start, click Settings, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
- Click the Administrator icon.
- Click Create a Password or Change my password.
- Type a password for the account, and then retype the password to confirm it.
- Type a hint to help you remember the password in the event that you forget it.
- Click Create Password or Change Password.
Article ID: 290109 - Last Review: Oct 23, 2008 - Revision: 1