Consider the following scenario:
- You install a Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS) driver on a computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
- The physical network adapter on the computer is disabled. Therefore, the loopback address is the only address available for communication.
- An application initiates a connection to an IP address, and the TCP/IP Path is created by using the loopback address.
- The IP address is added to the loopback interface. Then, you enable the physical network adapter and allow the network adapter to communicate with the IP address.
- The TCP/IP driver selects an incorrect TCP/IP path that has the loopback address as its source address.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou might have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates