This article describes the update rollup for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 that is dated December 2013. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines.
Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2880416 Error message when you try to open a file or a folder on a remote Linux or UNIX FTP server from a Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012-based computer
- 2898774 Data loss occurs on a SCSI disk that turns off in a Windows Server 2012-based failover cluster
- 2846960 Error when you open a SharePoint Document Library in Windows Explorer or map a network drive to the library after you install Internet Explorer 10
- 2894464 Error message when you try to schedule a shadow copy task in Windows Server 2012 R2 or in Windows Server 2012
- 2788525 You cannot enable external load balancing on a Windows Server 2012-based DirectAccess server
- 2782560 Clients cannot connect to IPv4-only resources when you use DirectAccess and external load balancing in Windows Server 2012
- 2796394 Error when you run the Get-RemoteAccess cmdlet during DirectAccess setup in Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- 2836232 Subnet mask changes to an incorrect value and the server goes offline in DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012
- 2844033 Add an Entry Point Wizard fails on a Windows Server 2012-based server in a domain that has a disjoint namespace
- 2859347 IPv6 address of a DirectAccess server binds to the wrong network interface in Windows Server 2012
How to obtain the update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is automatically installed.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you immediately install this update through Windows Update.
Microsoft Download Center You can also obtain the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, go to the Microsoft Download Center, and then search for KB2903938.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
For more information about Windows Update, go to the following Microsoft websites:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates