- If you run OneDrive for Business with Office 2010, we recommend that you remove the SharePoint Workspace component from Office 2010. If you have a business requirement to run both SharePoint Workspace and OneDrive for Business, upgrade Office 2010 to Service Pack 2 (SP2) before you install OneDrive for Business. This provides the best compatibility.
- If you have any Office 2016 application installed, such as Skype for Business 2016, you must have the 2016 version of OneDrive for Business installed. For more information about how to install the version of OneDrive for Business that works with Office 2016, go to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: 3175950 How to install the OneDrive for Business sync client for SharePoint 2013 and later and SharePoint Online when using Office 2016 applications.
- This article contains information that applies when you use the OneDrive for Business sync client (groove.exe).
To determine which OneDrive sync client you're using, see Which OneDrive sync client am I using?
System requirementsFor complete system requirements info, see System requirements for the new Office.
Installing the clientTo install the OneDrive for Business sync client, follow these steps:
- Uninstall any earlier versions of OneDrive for Business.
- In the "OneDrive for Business sync client installers" section, click the OneDrive for Business installer for your language and system edition. If you are already running a 32-bit or 64-bit edition of Office, you must select the same edition type for OneDrive for Business.
- Run the downloaded file to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- If you are asked to provide a license key, enter 3V9N8-W93CC-FQPB8-Y9WVF-TVGJ3.
- Open your personal OneDrive for Business document library. Or, open any SharePoint 2013 or Office 365 website document library. Then, click the Sync button to sync the libraries.
- The OneDrive for Business sync client ships together with two components that are not selected for installation by default. We recommend that you do not change these default settings.
- If you have one of the following versions of Office 2013, you already have the OneDrive for Business sync client installed:
- Office Professional Plus 2013
- Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Office 365 Midsize Business
- Office 365 Small Business Premium
Uninstalling the clientTo uninstall the OneDrive for Business sync client, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program.
- In the list of currently installed programs, right-click OneDrive for Business, and then click Uninstall.
Article ID: 2903984 - Last Review: Jul 19, 2016 - Revision: 1