This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollupIssue 1
A 0x80070057 error occurs when a session is closed prematurely. This error is caused by a failure during a consistency check.
Lots of concurrent threads or calls to Microsoft SQL Server from the Data Protection Manager (DPM) console cause slow SQL Server performance. When this issue occurs, the DPM console runs out of connections to SQL Server and may hang or crash.
The DPM console crashes, and an error that resembles the following is logged:
Paths that begin with \\?\GlobalRoot are internal to the kernel and should not be opened by managed applications.
Installation instructionsTo install the update for Data Protection Manager, follow these steps:
- Before you install this update, make a backup of the Data Protection Manager database.
- Install the rollup package on the server that is running System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager. To do this, run Microsoft Update on the server.
Note Before you install this update through Microsoft Update, the Data Protection Manager Console should be closed. You may have to restart the Data Protection Manager server after you install this rollup package.
- In the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console, update the protection agents. To do this, use one of the following methods:
Method 1: Update the protection agents from the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console
- Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab.
- In the Protected Computer list, select a computer, and then click Update on the Action pane.
- Click Yes, and then click Update Agents.
Note You may have to restart the computer after you install the agent upgrades.
Method 2:Update the protection agents on the protected computers
- Obtain the update protection agent package from the following directory on the System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager server:
The installation packages are as follows:
- For x86-based updates: i386\1033\DPMAgentInstaller_KB2904687.exe
- For x64-based updates: amd64\1033\DPMAgentInstaller_kb2904687_AMD64.exe
- Run the appropriate DPMAgentInstaller.exe package on each protected computer, based on the architecture of the agent.
- Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console on the System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager server.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab. Select the protected computers, update the information, and then verify that the agent version number is 4.2.1217.0
Download instructionsUpdate packages for Data Protection Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an applicable System Center 2012 R2 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup 1 packages that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the selected update packages.
To manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog, go to the following website:
Download the update package now.
Article ID: 2904687 - Last Review: Feb 25, 2014 - Revision: 1
Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager