This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager resolves the following issues on the Service Manager console:
- Assume that users have both SMTP and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) endpoints. When you send email messages to these users from the Service Manager console, Service Manager uses the Lync SIP endpoint as the email address.
- After you select the Service Requests with Service Level Warning feature, an error occurs about one hour later.
- After you select the Assigned to me view, a FullAdapter exception occurs about one hour later.
- When the Service Manager console runs in maximized mode, you encounter one or more of the following issues:
- You experience slow performance in the console, and the console consumes excessive CPU resources.
- Context menus in the console are not displayed as expected, and instead it is displayed at the upper-right hand corner of the main window.
- Scroll bars for the work items preview pane do not display when you run in full-screen mode. Even if the scroll bars display, they are still inactive and you cannot move the slider.
- Certain forms or wizards do not display appropriately. Specifically, only the left navigation pane displays and the right area is blank.
- When you create or edit on a User Prompts page in a request offering, the page is not displayed appropriately.
- When you scroll on an open work item or a configuration item form, the scrolling does not work. In this case, you can have the mouse held over the scroll bar for scrolling.
- When you run PowerShell workflows at the same time, the results are displayed as successful. Actually, the workflows fail.
- When a user tries to open an already opened attachment from a work item form, an exception is thrown.
- After you mark a release record as Closed, the attachment and associated details cannot be retrieved.
- When you create service requests from Request Offerings, it takes a long time to display the request offerings form.
- When you try to use a service request template, the console crashes.
- When you try to create a service request, a NullReferenceException exception is thrown and the console crashes.
- The Service Manager console shows a generic Microsoft SQL exception instead of the detailed Data Collision exception when you run in a non-English environment.
- The p_DataPurging stored procedure is not completed during database grooming. Additionally, event ID 8623 is logged in SQL log that indicates the query processor runs out of internal resources and cannot produce a query plan.
- Assume that you add multiple RegEx expressions to a group definition. When you add or execute the group, a SQL exception is thrown.
- The Configuration Manager connector does not handle updates to the DeviceHasSoftwareItemInstalled property correctly. A divergence occurs in the data synchronization between the Service Manager and Configuration Manager databases.
- When Service Manager has any Management Packs from an earlier version present, MPImporter cannot import Management Packs from Operations Manager.
Before you install the update, read the following instructions:
Download the Service Manager update package now.
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this update rollup. For example, exit the Service Manager console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Make sure that the Service Manager data warehouse server is successfully synchronized with the Service Manager management server at least one time. For more information, see Registering with the Service Manager data warehouse to enable reporting.
- Make sure that the update is first installed on Service Manager components in the following order:
- Data warehouse server
- Management server (Primary)
- Secondary Management servers
- All analyst consoles
- Self-service portal
Note If you try to install Update Rollup 2 for Service Manager 2012 R2 on a secondary management server while an installation is in progress on the primary management server, then the installation will fail on the secondary management server. To avoid this problem, wait for the installation on the primary management server to complete before you install this update on the secondary management server.
- Restart all the consoles after the update is installed.
Download instructionsUpdate packages for Service Manager are available to download.
Manual download of the update packagesGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Service Manager update package now.