MPN Gold, Silver and Action Pack subscribers are entitled to a range of MPN benefits - see KB 2987884 for a technical benefits summary.
Note: Product Support incidents are used for on-premises products and Signature Cloud Support for Cloud products.
To use the MPN technical benefits there are 3 steps
1. The support contract needs to be activated – for PC migrated partners, Admin user roles can activate online using Partner Center.
2. View and share your Access ID and Contract ID – for PC migrated partners, all users (including non admins) can see the Access ID and Contract ID using Partner Center. All users use the same Access ID and Contract ID.
Note: If a support contract is activated by phone, activate in Partner Center to enable the access ID and contract ID to be displayed.
3. Using the MPN technical benefits. See KB 4020188 for details.
1. How to Activate your Technical benefits (support contract)
If your membership is in the old Partner Membership Center (PMC) you need to contact Partner Frontline for contract activation - see below.
Partner Center Technical benefits activation
If your Partner membership is migrated to Partner Center AND you have a Global Admin, MPN Partner Admin or Account Admin security role you can sign-in and activate Technical benefits in Partner Center.
Note: Non admin users cannot activate benefits.
1. Sign-in with an Admin Partner Center account
2. Click MPN, Benefits, Technical benefits
3. View details for the specific benefit, expand to see the Activate button and click Activate
4. After activation. You see the notification “We are setting up Access Id/Contract Id. Please contact support if it has been more than 5 days.” Following activation the Access ID/Contract ID are displayed.
2. How to View Access ID and Contract ID
Following activation (see above), the Technical benefits Microsoft Product Support IDs show the Access ID and Contract ID to ALL Partner Center users. Therefore, your users only need a Partner Center user account to see the IDs, they do not need any admin security roles.
Note: If a support contract is activated by phone, an admin user needs to activate to enable the access ID and contract ID to be displayed (immediately, no 5 day wait).
- Sign-in with a Partner Center user account
- Click MPN, Benefits, Technical benefits
- View details for the specific benefit, expand to see the Microsoft product support IDs
If your membership is NOT migrated to Partner Center, you are using the old Partner Membership Center (PMC), you need to contact Partner Frontline for contract activation.
Following support contract activation, an access and contract ID are sent to the primary program contact at the HQ (for core benefits).
Support contract activation is variable per region or country – see below
Europe, Middle East, and Africa
Australia, New Zealand, and Taiwan
Asia Pacific and Greater China
* EMEA partners only. When you email Regform please include Partner ID, MPN associated email address, name, company name, phone, city, country. Regform only create support contracts, for MPN related questions contact Partner Frontline Support.
Note: Technical Presales and Deployment Services requests can be submitted before the support contract is activated.
3. Using the MPN technical benefits
Open a new technical support ticket, on behalf of your customer.
From the Partner Center menu select Customers, select the specific customer, and then Service management. In the Support Requests section, select New request, and select the product to open the relevant product portal.
Note: For Cloud and On-premises products you need the Access ID and Contract ID
See Technical Support for Microsoft Partners for details.
- Microsoft Partner Network technical benefits summary
- Technical Support for Microsoft Partners
- MPN Partner support N-1 policy for on-premises products
- Missing a support plan or An error occurred / Add Contract fails
- How many Partner support incidents are remaining
- MPN Support contract 30 day extension