- The issues that the cumulative update fixes.
- The prerequisites for applying the cumulative update.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you apply the cumulative update.
- Whether the cumulative update is replaced by any other cumulative update.
- Whether you must make any changes to the registry.
- The files that the cumulative update contains.
- 2912334 Event ID 57006 is logged when you cannot restart the Lync Server 2013 front-end service
- 2912338 Can't call Enterprise Voice-enabled users when the users have the same main telephone number in a Lync Server 2013 environment
- 2912340 An external call is routed based on Location-Based Routing that is configured for internal AD sites in a Lync Server 2013 environment
- 2912342 Lync Server 2013 supports TDE in SQL Server 2008 or a later version on a back-end server
- 2912343 Event ID 1001 is logged when the RTCSrv.exe progress crashes on a Lync Server 2013 Edge server
- 2881684 Description of the cumulative update 5.0.8308.556 for Lync Server 2013 (Front End Server and Edge Server) : October 2013
- 2819565 Description of the cumulative update 5.0.8308.420 for Lync Server 2013: July 2013
- 2781547 Description of the cumulative update 5.0.8308.291 for Lync Server 2013: February 2013
Microsoft Download CenterTo install the cumulative update for Lync Server 2013, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Cumulative Server Update InstallerThe Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps.
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Download the update package now.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the user interface (UI) or by using a command line.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates are installed.
To run the Cumulative Server Update Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNotes The following text describes parameters that you can use together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode switch applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot switch applies all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, the switch automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if this is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer and saves the updates in a subfolder that is named "Extracted." The subfolder is in the folder in which you ran the command.
The update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Method 2: Microsoft Update
Note After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following cumulative update:
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, run LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe on computers that are running the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Edge Server
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
When you install the update, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found if you are prompted to do this.
Article ID: 2905048 - Last Review: Jan 8, 2014 - Revision: 1