This article describes an update that resolves the following issues in the Work Folders (WF) Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) rules and makes the following changes to the WF BPA rules in Windows Server 2012 R2:
- Windows only starts WF BPA when the WF Server Service is installed.
- Fixes several misspelling issues.
- Fixes an issue in which WF BPA returns an error when no sync shared folder is defined.
- WF BPA correctly checks whether the FSRM service is running.
- Fixes a service name issue so that WF BPA uses the correct service name to check the installation state of services.
- Changes the severity level of Firewall rules from "information" to "error".
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2903939. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2903939 Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: December 2013
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates