If you do not provide a product key during Microsoft System Center 2012 App Controller installation, App Controller is installed as an evaluation version. If you later decide to upgrade to a licensed version and therefore rerun Setup, the “Upgrade from evaluation license” link is not displayed as expected.
This issue may occur if the Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 is not installed on the App Controller server.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Open Server Manager, and then start the Add Roles and Features Wizard.
- On the Features page, expand .NET Framework 3.5 Features.
- Select the .NET Framework 3.5 check box (this includes .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0).
- Click Next, then click Install and Close.
- Run App Controller Setup, and then click Upgrade from evaluation license.
- Follow the steps in the wizard. On the last page of the wizard, you receive the following error message: The default cmdlet processor must be assigned a non-null value before this call can be made. Assign the non-null valued default cmdlet processor to the DefaultCmdletProcessor property on the ‘Microsoft.SystemCenter.SetupFramework.Common.CmdletProcessor’ type and try this call again.
This is the expected behavior.
- Click OK in response to the error message, open IIS Manager, and then restart the AppController website.
Article ID: 2908312 - Last Review: Nov 27, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft System Center 2012 App Controller, Microsoft System Center 2012 App Controller Service Pack 1, Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 App Controller