- You have Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) resources configured on a Windows Server 2012 R2-based failover cluster.
- You create backups of the CSV volumes.
Note Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshots of the CSV volumes are accumulated by the Volsnap provider.
- The cluster service tries to bring a CSV volume online, and the service queries for active snapshots that are maintained by the Volsnap provider.
Note The time-out value for bringing a CSV volume online is three minutes. If the cluster service takes more than three minutes to bring the volume online, the operation fails.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2903939. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The update introduces the following two configurable new policies:
- Snapshot diff area is limited to 20% of the volume size, up to a max of 1 Tera Byte (TB).
- The maximum snapshot lifetime is 7 days. The old snapshots will be deleted automatically by the cluster service.
Article ID: 2908523 - Last Review: Dec 10, 2013 - Revision: 1