Be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- Fixes an issue in which certain Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) v1.0 templates no longer work with Office 2016 applications.
- Fixes an issue in which RMS users receive an access denied message when they open IRM-protected content. This issue occurs if their network settings include certain proxy configurations.
- Enables viewing IRM-protected Office attachments offline in certain cases.
- Enables cross-tenant Microsoft Azure Information Protection (previously called Azure Rights Management) usage scenarios in which certain characters in the tenant name previously prevented the across-tenant functionality.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB2910979 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB2910979 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Open an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 2910979 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2