This article describes the update rollup for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 that is dated January 2014. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines.
Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2873617 You cannot use the Smigdeploy.exe tool in Windows Storage Server 2012 or Windows Storage Server 2008 R2
- 2897602 FIX: TCP connections that use ephemeral loopback addresses are dropped suddenly in Windows
- 2876391 "0x0000009E" Stop error on cluster nodes in a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1-based multi-node failover cluster environment
- 2912228 "Permissions will not expire" is displayed unexpectedly in EUL after you set an expiration date on an XML document in Windows Server 2012
How to obtain the update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is installed automatically.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you install this update through Windows Update immediately.
Microsoft Download Center You can also obtain the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, go to the Microsoft Download Center, and then search for KB2911101.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
For more information about Windows Update, go to the following Microsoft websites:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates