Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1 that has Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows 8.1 installed in a domain environment.
- You use Active Directory Administrative Center (ADAC) to manage Active Directory remotely.
- When you try to use the global search on ADAC, the console crashes.
- When you add some nodes to ADAC, and then you close and reopen the console, the added nodes disappear.
- When you try to use the Change Domain Controller function, the added nodes disappear.
This issue occurs because the system does not handle the NULL validation correctly.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2911106. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2911106 Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: January 2014
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates