The following are some examples of the credential messages:
- Sign in with your organizational account
- Credentials are required
- We are unable to connect right now, Check your network connection.
User names and passwords entered for Office 2013 and Lync 2013 in order to log on to SharePoint Online, OneDrive, and Lync Online can be optionally saved in Windows CredMan. This typically happens when the user selects the Keep me signed-in check box. For federated user accounts, the user name and passwords are not saved. This is because Integrated Windows Authentication can be used, which does not require the password. For a third-party federated identity provider that does not support Integrated Windows Authentication, the password is not available from CredMan, and therefore it must be prompted for.
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
- Start Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following registry subkey: Office 2016HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\IdentityOffice 2013HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity
- Right-click the entry, and then select New.
- Add a new DWORD value to the registry called NoDomainUser, and then set it to a value of 1.
Article ID: 2913639 - Last Review: Sep 23, 2015 - Revision: 1