- You have an application that does not have the Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed option selected.
- You deploy a task sequence that uses the Install Application step and that has the Install the following applications option selected and referencing the application that is mentioned in step 1.
- Later, you make a change to the application and then click to select the Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed check box.
- You create a new task sequence or change the existing task sequence and then deploy the task sequence while the Install applications according to dynamic variable list option is selected.
In this scenario, the Install Application step of the new or changed task sequence does not run in Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, and applications that use dynamic variable lists are not installed.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
Installation informationNote This hotfix applies to site servers.
To resolve this problem for an existing application after you apply this hotfix, follow these steps:
- In the application properties, click to clear the Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed check box, and then apply the changes.
- In the application properties, click to select the Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed check box, and then apply the changes.
Note New and existing applications that are not deployed do not require you to follow these additional steps after the update is installed.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Cumulative Update 3 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 installed.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Note We recommend that you close Configuration Manager Administration Console before you apply this hotfix package.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|