In Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, you may receive the following error message when you click Rules and Alertson the Tools menu:
In Outlook, the Rules Wizard automatically disables an invalid rule. However, it is possible that some rules are not disabled automatically.
- On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard.
- In the Rules Wizard dialog box, you will see your rules listed in the Apply Rules in the following order box and the Rule Description (click on an underlined value to edit it). You can click each rule and examine the description for the invalid location. The invalid item reads as follows:Move it to the specified folder.
- When you have found the invalid rule, click the underlined text for the specified folder target
- The Choose a Folder dialog box appears, click a new and valid folder in a .pst file that is currently in use, and then click OK
- Click OK to close the Rules Wizard dialog box.
- On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
- Click OK when you receive the following error message: One or more rules contain errors. Delete or modify these rules.
- Locate and click the invalid rule. The invalid rule appears as red text., and it has (Error) after its name.
- Click Change Rule, and then click Edit Rule Settings.
- In the text Move it to the specified folder, click Specified to choose a new folder for this rule, and then click k Finish.