- You configure a Windows Server 2012 R2-based or Windows Server 2012-based computer to use Microsoft Multipath I/O (MPIO) and Microsoft Device Specific Module (MDSM).
- You use a storage array as the cluster share storage.
- You connect a storage device to the computer. The storage device is configured to use Asymmetric Logical Unit Access (ALUA).
- You set up a failover cluster in the environment.
- You disconnect all the paths between the storage and a passive node of the cluster which does not have the persistent reservation.
- You reconnect the storage to the node through an Active/Unoptimized path.
To resolve this issue in Windows Server 2012, install the hotfix that is described in this article.
Update information for Windows 2012 R2For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012. Additionally, you must first install the update 2919355 on Windows Server 2012 R2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo use the hotfix in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2916860 - Last Review: May 14, 2014 - Revision: 1