- You add two disks to one group.
- You add the ClusterOfflineTimeout and ClusterOnlineTimeout registry entries under the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VSS\SettingsNote If you do not add the two registry entries, 0x80042306 error occurs. For more information about the error, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2828270 0x80042306 error occurs when configuring shadow copies for clustered mount points on another drive in Windows Server 2012
- You configure the storage area of a source disk to another disk.
- You enable the shadow copy schedule against the source disk. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Computer Management, and then click Disk Management.
- Right click the source disk, and then select Properties.
- Select the source disk on the Shadow Copies tab, and then click the Enable button.
- You click the Disable button to disable the shadow copy schedule.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows Server 2012, Windows RT or Windows 8.
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou might have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Additional file information
Article ID: 2917019 - Last Review: Jul 1, 2014 - Revision: 1