This issue may occur if one or both of the following programs are installed:
- Lucid Virtu MVP
- Log on to Windows 8.1, and then wait until the black screen appears.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del. The following menu appears:
- Click Task Manager, and then click More details.
- On File menu, click Run new task, type appwiz.cpl in the Create new task dialog box, and then click OK.
- In Programs and Features, locate the StartIsBack or Lucid Virtu MVP program in the Uninstall or change a program list, and then uninstall the program.
- Return to Task Manager.
- On File menu, click Run new task, type shutdown /r in the Create new task dialog box, and then click OK to restart the computer.
Hot thread for this issueYou can join the following thread to discuss this problem with other users:
TechNet Forum: Windows 8.1 upgraded then login and black screen