Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Microsoft Office Excel 2003, Microsoft Excel 2002 include a feature that allows you to break external links within a workbook. However, the Break Links command cannot break the following types of links:
- A defined name that refers to an external workbook
- A ListBox control with an input range that refers to an external workbook.
- A DropDown control with an input range that refers to an external workbook.
To use the Break Links command, follow these steps:
- In Excel 2003 or in Excel 2002, click Links on the Edit menu.
In Excel 2007, on the Data tab, click Edit Links in the Connections group.
Note The Links command or the Edit Linkscommand is only available if the workbook contains links.
- In the Edit Links dialog box, click Break Links.
- When you are prompted to confirm that you want to break the links, click Break Links.
For more information how to work with links in Excel, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
293418 Frequently asked questions about using links in Excel 2002 and in later versions of Excel
Article ID: 291984 - Last Review: Jan 31, 2007 - Revision: 1