Consider the following scenario:
- You start the camera application on a Windows RT 8.1, a Windows 8.1 or a Windows Server 2012 R2-based device.
- A high definition (HD) resolution is configured in the camera application option.
- You have a Media Foundation Transform (MFT0) driver or a MFT0 sample driver installed.
- The non-HD resolution is selected and a non-HD resolution preview is displayed if a MFT0 sample driver is installed.
- Although the HD resolution can be selected, a non-HD resolution preview is displayed if a MFT0 driver is installed.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update 2919355. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2919355 Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update April, 2014
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about MFT0 sample driver , go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2920367 - Last Review: May 19, 2014 - Revision: 1
Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard