Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of OneNote 2016 installed on the computer. After you apply this security update, you may see a popup window that states that a website wants to open web content in protected mode in Internet Explorer. See Updates to change the way that Internet Explorer interacts with features in Microsoft Office applications for more information.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see KB3104540.
- When you paste content from Word 2016 or Outlook 2016 by using the Keep Text Only or Keep Source Formatting paste option in OneNote 2016, the pasted content is blank.
BUG #: 2473864 (OfficeMain)
- When you record a video in OneNote 2016 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, the preview window is blank.
BUG #: 2576560 (OfficeMain)
- When you print to OneNote 2016 by using the Send To OneNote 2016 printer, the printout is displayed as a red X in other versions of OneNote.
BUG #: 2577506 (OfficeMain)
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download security update for the 32-bit version of OneNote 2016
- Download security update for the 64-bit version of OneNote 2016
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this security update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3104540.
Update replacement informationThis security update doesn't replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 2920726 - Last Review: Nov 13, 2015 - Revision: 1