- You have MathType 4 installed on your computer.
- After you installed MathType 4, you installed or used "Detect and Repair" in Microsoft Word or in Microsoft Office.
- Your version of Office has the Equation Editor installed.
MathType installs version 4.2 of Mtextra.ttf in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Both the Office Setup program and the Detect and Repair utility install version 3.1 Mtextra.ttf in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Equation folder, and then register that file as the current source of the MT Extra font.
- Quit all Office programs.
- Reinstall MathType or run the MathType 4 Fonts Setup program.
- Start Windows Explorer and open the C:\Windows\Fonts folder.
- Click mtextra.ttf, and then click Copy on the Edit menu.
- Open the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Equation folder, and then click Paste on the Edit menu.
For more information about hardware and software vendor contact information, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
This is also true if you install or re-install any version of MathType earlier than version 4.
Article ID: 292132 - Last Review: Jul 8, 2009 - Revision: 1