- You configure Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) failover in Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 201.
- You configure exclusion ranges in a scope.
- You configure reservations for IP addresses from an exclusion range.
- A DHCP server issues an IP address to one of the clients that have reserved MAC addresses.
- You run the ipconfig /release command at a command prompt on the client that has reserved MAC address to force it to free its IP address.
To resolve this issue for Windows Server 2012, install update rollup 2919393.
For more information about how to obtain update 2919355, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2922694 - Last Review: Apr 11, 2014 - Revision: 1