Issue 1Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows Server 2012 R2-based, Windows Server 2012-based, or Windows Server 2008 R2-based server that is running Remote Desktop Services.
- You have a client that is running Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
- You install an XPS-based printer driver to print to a local XPS printer on the Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7 client.
- You disable the Remote Desktop Easy Print Group Policy setting on the Remote Desktop Services server, and then you install the XPS-based printer driver.
- You redirect printing to the local XPS printer on the client.
- You connect to the Remote Desktop Services server that uses the redirected printer, and you confirm that the redirected printer on the server is using the XPS-based printer driver instead of the Remote Desktop Easy Print printer driver.
- You try to print a job.
In this scenario, the print job is lost, and nothing is printed.
Issue 2When you run an application in Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) 2.0 in Windows 7, the application crashes.
To resolve this issue in Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012, install update rollup 2928678, or install the hotfix that is described in this article.
To resolve these issues in Windows 7, install the hotfix that is described in this article.
Update information for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2For more information about how to obtain update 2919355, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update information for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012For more information about how to obtain update rollup 2928678, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix information for Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft Support. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.