Update Rollup 1.2 for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 resolves issues that were found in MultiPoint Server 2011 after the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all MultiPoint Server 2011 customers.
Known issues fixed by this update rollup
- Assume that you have an instance of Windows MultiPoint Server 2011. The instance has some devices that do not have a device ID property set. In this situation, the server crashes.
- Users cannot gain system access as non-admin users.
Previously released updates that are included in Update Rollup 1.2
- 2633829 Windows Media Player displays a black screen in Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
- 2588092 Update for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 resolves issues in which local stations do not auto-logon, or the screen saver is slow to respond
- 2569537 An external USB storage device may be assigned a different drive letter when you restart a computer that is running Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
- 2569536 The volume level decreases slightly every time that you log on to a Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 station
- 2569535 An update is available that adds language support for the Arabic and Hebrew languages in Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
- 2564510 Functionality such as private USB storage, web limiting, or station blocking may stop working when you reconnect to a session on a Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 station
- 2564508 A new user session on a station is not blocked or limited to specified websites for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 stations when the MultiPoint Manager is closed
- 2564502 An update for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 is available that improves support for pointing devices that use absolute coordinates
- 2564499 You cannot start a Remote Desktop Services connection to an instance of Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
- 2564494 The Close Application wizard does not display the application title correctly in MultiPoint Manager
- 2556903 Update for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 to resolve incorrect audio device issues for PS/2 stations
- 2542222 Update for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 to resolve an issue in which MultiPoint Manager may not display new station information
- 2530453 Update for Microsoft Windows MultiPoint Server 2011: April 2011
How to obtain this update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows MultiPoint Server 2011.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update replaces the following update:
2626067 Update Rollup 1.1 for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2927581 - Last Review: Apr 8, 2014 - Revision: 1