Consider the following scenario:
- You have a terminal server that is running Windows Server 2012.
- You create a terminal server session to the terminal server through a client computer.
- The client computer redirects a printer to the terminal server session by using the Terminal Service Easy Print feature.
- You use the redirected printer to print a Microsoft Excel 2013 worksheet. The Width and Height property of the worksheet setting is set to a 1 page value.
Note You can find the drop-down lists for the Width property and Height property under the Page Layout tab.
This issue occurs because the Terminal Service Easy Print driver passes the DM_SCALE flag to Excel incorrectly. This behavior causes Excel to rely on incorrect scaling information from the Terminal Service Easy Print driver. Therefore, the scale of the printout is incorrect.
To resolve this issue, install update rollup 2928678.
Update informationFor more information about how to obtain update rollup 2928678, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2928678 Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 update rollup: March 2014
To work around this issue, use the following method:
- Do not use the Terminal Services Easy Print redirection feature. You can install a required printer driver on the terminal server and then print an Excel worksheet by using the printer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the Terminal Services Easy Print feature, go to the following Microsoft website: