This article describes the update rollup for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 that is dated March 2014. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines.
Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2922514 White line appears when printing an image by using an XPS printer driver in Windows
- 2925429 Print jobs are lost when you use Remote Desktop Services printer redirection in Windows Server 2012
- 2925981 0x0000003B stop error in a distributed file service (DFS) environment in Windows
- 2927910 Many pages are printed when printing an Excel 2013 worksheet by using the Terminal Service Easy Print feature
- 2908783 Data corruption occurs on iSCSI LUNs in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- 2928414 Explorer.exe freezes if PDW is installed in Windows Server 2012
- 2928562 Event 55 when you copy an encrypted folder to EFS shared folder in Windows
- 2930287 WSD scan fails when you scan many pages in Windows
How to obtain the update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is automatically installed.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you immediately install this update through Windows Update.
Microsoft Download Center You can also obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, go to the Microsoft Download Center, and then search for KB2928678.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
For more information about Windows Update, go to the following Microsoft websites:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates