Windows Media Player is unavailable after you install the Desktop Experience feature on Windows Server 2012 R2. This issue occurs under the following circumstances.
- You upgrade from Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You did not have the Desktop Experience feature installed before the upgrade.
- You install the Desktop Experience after the upgrade.
- Open an elevated command prompt.
- Type the following command:
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:MediaPlayback
Article ID: 2930529 - Last Review: Feb 20, 2014 - Revision: 1