- You have a computer that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
- The computer has both the Client Access server (CAS) role and Mailbox role installed, or it has only the CAS role installed.
- You perform a server recovery by using the /m:RecoverServer parameter.
Additionally, the Get-MapiVirtualDirectory command generates the following error message:
- Run the following command to list the current properties of the MAPI virtual directory:Note the following properties in particular:
Get-MapiVirtualDirectory –Server <CAS> -ADPropertiesOnly
- Run the Remove-MapiVirtualDirectory command to delete the existing MAPI virtual directory, as follows:
Remove-MapiVirtualDirectory -Identity "EXCH1\mapi (Default Web Site)
- Run the New-MapiVirtualDirectory command to re-create the MAPI virtual directory. For example, run the following command:
New-MapiVirtualDirectory -Server exch1 -InternalUrl https://exch1.contoso.com -IISAuthenticationMethods Ntlm, OAuth, Negotiate