To install this update, you do not have to join Lync Room System to the domain. However, if you want to use System Center Operations Manager to monitor the health of Lync Room System, you must join Lync Room System to the domain before you install the update. To do this, follow these steps.
For a SMART Room system
- Go to the Admin user interface (UI).
- On the Settings menu, click System Settings.
- In the Control Panel section, click System properties. See the following screen shot.
- On the Computer Name tab, click Change.
- Click Domain, and then enter the name of the domain in the text box.
- Enter the user name and password of an account that has permission to join the domain.
- When the Welcome to the domain message appears, click OK. You will have to restart your computer for the change to take effect.
For a Crestron RL
- Go to the Admin UI.
- On the Settings menu, click OEM Settings, and then click Crestron Device Setup.
- On the Settings menu, click Computer ID.
- In the Domain / Workgroup section, click Domain, enter the name of the domain in the text box, and then click Join.
- Click Apply & Restart to restart your computer for the change to take effect.