- Error 1C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Setup\SFX\vcredist_x64.exe installation failed with return code 5100
- Error 2Installation of Product Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (failed): This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.
- Error message 1
This issue occurs because a later version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable is installed on your computer. The Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable that is included with the Windows 7.1 SDK cannot be installed over a later version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable.
- Error message 2
This issue occurs because there was an interruption in network connectivity during the download of the Windows 7.1 SDK packages.
- For error message 1
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type Programs and Features in the Start Search box.
- In the Programs list, click Programs and Features.
- Right-click all the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable packages in the list of programs, and then click Uninstall (see the following screen shot).
- Install the Windows 7.1 SDK.
- Reinstall the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable packages from the following locations:
- For error message 2
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:
Article ID: 2934068 - Last Review: May 29, 2014 - Revision: 1