This article also lists articles that address some of the more frequently asked questions about the "Find and Replace" feature in Excel.
- How do I use the new Find and Replace dialog box?288291 How to use the "Find and Replace" dialog box in Excel
- Why are cells on unselected sheets changed when I perform a find-and-replace operation?284881 The matching cell in the unselected worksheets are also replaced when you click the Replace All button in the Find and Replace dialog box in Excel
- Why aren't all cells with the same formats found when I choose to "find" based on the formatting of a cell?283626 You can only find the cells that exactly match the formatting based on the existing cell in Excel
- Why doesn't the Replace command find text that I know is in my workbook?287126 "Microsoft Excel cannot find a match" error message
- Why doesn't the Find command locate text that I know is in my workbook?282142 You cannot find the data that is in a filtered list by using Find command in Excel
Article ID: 293450 - Last Review: Mar 27, 2007 - Revision: 1