- You have a computer that is running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
- You connect a printer to the computer through a USB or WSD port, and then you install the printer driver on the computer.
- You turn off or disconnect the printer, and then you upgrade the computer to Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You turn on and reconnect the printer to the computer.
- The Enable bidirectional support check box under the Ports tab of the printer properties is disabled and appears dimmed.
- When you try to print something, a notification in the printer application shows that the bidirectional support is turned off.
Article ID: 2934887 - Last Review: Apr 8, 2014 - Revision: 1